Join The Movement
Every Coloradan deserves trustworthy local news. COLab, the Colorado News Collaborative, unites journalists from nearly 100 news outlets with allies and supporters to strengthen civic news statewide. Together, we can increase the quantity and quality of civic news — the kind that holds power to account and helps Coloradans participate in healthy communities and a responsive democracy.
Building a movement for local journalism takes all Coloradans. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Colorado journalists working for trusted news outlets are eligible to participate in our full range of networks and receive access to key planning documents, communications channels, and sharing platforms.
- Freelance journalists in Colorado are eligible to participate in select networks and communications channels, and get connected to training and job opportunities.
Want to learn more about what COLab offers you as a journalist? Read more here.
If you're ready to join, select which of the following best describes you:NEWSROOM JOURNALISTFREELANCER
NOT A JOURNALIST
...but love great journalism?
- Sign up for our newsletter. Read work from our COLab journalists and partners statewide, gain insight into the impact we're making on the media landscape, learn about public events and more.
- Support our work with a donation. Invest in turning the tide of Colorado's news crisis. help us foster the movement.
- Follow COLab on Twitter and Facebook. Share our work. Champion the importance of public-interest news.
- Share your story ideas. Ask us questions. Tell Colorado journalists what you see and what you want to know.
- Volunteer with us as opportunities become available.